Ingredients: 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup Fernet- Branca, 1/3 cup corn syrup, 1/4 tsp cream of tartar, 1 oz Fernet- Branca, 6 lemon twists
Supplies: candy thermometer, non-stick pot, spatula, pastry brush, measuring utensils, lollipop mold, lollipop sticks
- Add the Sugar, Water, 1/4 cup of Fernet-Branca, Corn Syrup and Cream of Tartar to a nonstick pot.
- Over medium heat bring to a boil, stirring as you go with a spatula.
- As the mixture warms, clean off the sides of the pain with a wet brush. This helps prevent crystals of sugar forming in your mixture.
- Once boiling, stop stirring and begin measuring the temperature with a Candy Thermometer. (Be sure not to let the thermometer touch the sides or bottom of the pan).
- Once the mixture reaches 300 degrees take it immediately off the stove. This is the “hard crack” temperature for your sugar solution, which I think means that your candy will become hard and can be cracked.
- Let the mixture cool a bit to around 275 degrees and then add the remaining Fernet-Branca and the express the oil from the Lemon Twists.
- Very quickly begin pouring the mixture into your lollipop molds (pre spray these with oil so you don’t break your mold).
- Add your sticks. Give them a spin after you set them in so the candy coats both sides.
- Let the pops cool. Then remove from the mold
Find the original article here.